E-bay complaints: was Re: "Response" from seller with the "Apple-1"

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 5 22:37:21 CDT 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:43:54 -0500
"Jim Isbell, W5JAI" <jim.isbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said, loosing one bid out of millions is not my worry.  I might
> just as likely lose a bid because someone was looking 10 minutes
> BEFORE I got it listed.  But I cant worry over that one either!!!!
> Its just a matter of sliding the window one way or the other.  I wont
> spend my time trying to satisfy one bidder in millions.
>
> As to how you would recognise my auction, a I said earlier, I tell you
> up front that I will do that.  Its no surprise.  If you see my ad you
> will be able to bid on it and you will see that I plan on changing it
> if no one bids.
>
> Also, if you dont know enough to know you are interested to the extent
> of the  value of a minimum bid of $1, then I surely dont think you
> will change your mind 20 minutes before the auction ends.  So I wont
> miss you.  Go ahead and bit $1 and if you end up with it you rot a
> bargain...or at least if you dont want the item you can send me the $1
> and I wont ship it to save you the shipping cost.
>
> In a real auction you would have to register, give a credit card
> number or deposit check and get a number before you were allowed to
> place the first bid!!!

*BZZZT!!!

I go to a LOT of real auctions.  Usually I find I am able to register,
bid on items, and carry them to my car and load them without paying or
leaving anything but an address up front.  I pay at the end, usually
after everything is loaded in the car.

This is at 'for real' auctions, often enough out in the country, which I
assume is what you're talking about.