Teleprint 390

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Sun Jul 10 16:03:13 CDT 2005

Hi,

> Is the 'call control unit' -- the electronics chassis on the right hand
> side -- the same?
On *my* 390 there is a slightly different "call control unit". But I
have several 33s and nearly each has a different ccu. Normally you don't
have to worry about that if you have a current loop device in working
condition. There are also a lot of different wiring options for the
machine.....

> where the mechaical bits are normal Teletype ones, but the
> call control unit is very different. It's built on a couple of PCBs (!)
> and can handle both RS232 and current loop interfaces.
Hey, that's cool. PCBs are normal in all CCUs.
It will be hard to find schmematics for that.

> Believe it or not, the Teletype manuals for the Model 33 do have cleaning
> and lubrication charts for the cover...
:-)
... but there's no information about glueing together broken pieces of
grey plastic....  :-)

-- Philipp