WOW!!!! $15k DEC PDP-8 CLASSIC MINICOMPUTER SYSTEM DIGITAL PDP8

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 19:04:40 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 09:34 -0700, Al Kossow wrote:
>  > I think Suns will always be collectable, as they are now. There are
> some
>  > weird things they have made over the years that people seek.
>
> Early machines from the 'workstation wars', Apollo and Tektronix come to
> mind, may be of interest in the future. There doesn't appear to be much
> on the technical doc or software side around for these.

Indeed - I've got a particular fondness for both Apollo and Tek systems,
probably because they're not Suns (ten years ago, I wanted a Sun -
nowadays it seems it'd be possible to pick up several a week if I
wanted)

You're right though, it's almost impossible to get documentation or
install media for them.

Still on the look-out for an Apollo DN10k, but don't hold out much hope
of finding one (let alone one with an operational disk / installation
media!)

cheers

Jules