WOW!!!! $15k DEC PDP-8 CLASSIC MINICOMPUTER SYSTEM DIGITAL PDP8

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 05:36:16 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 22:35 -0400, William Donzelli wrote:
> > Still on the look-out for an Apollo DN10k, but don't hold out much hope
> > of finding one (let alone one with an operational disk / installation
> > media!)
>
> Still on the sell-out of an Apollo DN10K, but don't hold out much hope of
> selling it (let alone managing to get it out of the shop / buried several
> levels deep).

Rats - wrong side of the pond (as usual!)

Have you got OS install media? From what I gather it uses a different
DomainOS install set from the other Apollo machines, so you may well
have the last surviving copy if so - backing it up onto modern media
might be nice! (or at least cloning the OS drive in the machine itself)

Doubtless there are a few DN10k's out there, but yours is the only one
I've seen mentioned in the last five years or so...

cheers

Jules