Apollo stuff

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 06:21:12 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 18:16 -0700, Al Kossow wrote:
> Bob said:
>
> "I've got scads of Apollo hardware and documentation.
> Most of it needs a new home, but there has been little interest so far."
>
> Well, I'm interested. Just the logistics of getting it across the
> country.

A list of what there is would be nice to see - probably too expensive to
ship it across the pond though.

Question for Apollo fans - when setting up an Apollo token ring, is it
really as simple as just chaining the machines together in a loop? I
seem to remember the manuals (the few that we do have) mentioning
plugging in to wall-mounted boxes, but it's not clear if those are just
for cable routing or whether they actually do something more important.

We're still short a Domain keyboard here, and I think we only have one
of the little interface cables that connects the network cabling to the
token ring card itself - hopefully there's nothing special to those
though and we can make something up. I'd just like to know if it's vital
to find the wall boxes though! :-)

cheers

Jules