Sage II computer

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 20:03:14 CDT 2005

> > By the way, are those two 50 pin connectors off the side of the Sage
> > for 8 inch floppy drives?
>
> Without documentation it is hard to know for sure, but they are 50 pin
> connectors.  I'm not sure why there are two of them, as I would have expected

No,m they're not drive connectors. They're basically the 68000 bus and a
few extra signals. They were used for special-purpose add-ons -- my Sage
II has an interface to a Pluto graphics box fitted. It's a little PCB on
stand-offs (stuck to the main Sage board) with a couple of short cables
going to those connectors.