Terminal emulators - rgb values for amber, green?

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 05:29:30 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 01:06 -0500, Jim Battle wrote:
> Jules Richardson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 16:53 -0400, Jeff Davis wrote:
> >
> >>I was just setting up Tera Term Pro on my windows box (talk about overkill -
> >>1.4Ghz and 768MB to run an ascii terminal!)
> >

> > with that sort of speed you could probably emulate the CRT of the
> > original terminal itself, with all the gaps between lines and the light
> > fall-off around each pixel :-)
>
> Jules,
>
> It is funny you should mention it.  My recently released Wang 2200 emulator does
> exactly that when you configure it to use the true bitmap font (vs. a system
> native font) for rendering the display.

I'm glad someone's worrying about these things :) It's the one step that
emulators don't tend to do; they might emulate the machine really well,
but the display tends to be far too crisp to look like the original. Of
course it's probabaly only in recent years that modern hardware's been
fast enough to do this kind of thing!

The screenshot looks nice.

> The emulator also has realtime brightness and contrast controls.

If you whack the brightness right up do you get to see retrace
lines? ;-)

cheers

Jules