device programmer recommendations?

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:30:15 CDT 2005

> Odd.... Promlink works with the 29B, and it's available for free download at
> several places on the net. I'm not sure promlink supports the unisite, but
> I'm thinking it does...
>
> Jay

In addition to whatever software you use to communicate with a
2900/3900/Unisite, I believe they all need to boot from a boot floppy
and the programming algorithms are supplied on floppy and without
those the programmer is useless.  Maybe you can find free images of
the boot and algorithm floppies on the net, but probably not legal
images.  I'm sure that doesn't bother some people, but might bother
others.

Data I/O sells a subcription service to their algorithm updates.  I
don't see a price listed.  If you have to ask is it too expensive?

http://www.dataio.com/algorithms/keepcurrent.asp