Serial Configurations (was Devilish Altair Serial ConfigurationProblem)

Richard A. Cini rcini at optonline.net
Sun Jul 31 21:06:51 CDT 2005

Allison:

	No success so far. I'm going to write a small test program
tomorrow to accept a character from the SSM and echo it back. I have the
two ports configured two different ways -- the first equivalent to a
Revision 1 SIO (active low) and the second equivalent to an 8251. It's
still a remote possibility that the board is bad, so I hope this will
flush it out.

	I'm still hopeful that someone on the list has a working SSM
2p-2s that they could report on how it's configured and how the cable is
wired. This has bothered me all day, which usually means it's a hardware
problem.

Rich