IBM 5155 analogue display fault

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 18:44:37 CDT 2005

> You previously suggested putting the correct size tool inside the box.
> Wouldn't this also alter the historical fabric of the machine?  After all,

Yes, I suppose it would. OK, if you've going to stick a tool inside the
machine, put a label on it saying this is not an original IBM part, it's
provided for the benefit of future repaires who are too brain-dead to buy
Bristol Spline keys :-)

For the record, my 5155 has the original Bristol spline screws in the
monitor section, and there are no tools fixed inside it...