"Pozidriv" [was Re: Tools (was: IBM 5155 analogue display fault]

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 18:12:53 CDT 2005

> > I have a minimal tookit (flat blade, Phillips, Pozidriv, Torx, Allen
> > keys) upstairs, [...]
> Which reminds me - I've seen this "Pozidriv" screw drive mentioned
> elsewhere in this thread, as if it were a common type.  Since there is

It is very common in the UK/Europe.

> no screw drive type I know by that name, this leads me to wonder, what
> is it?  (It may be another name for one I know, or it may be one I

It's a crosspoint screwdriver, similar to a Phillips, but with a blunter 
tip angle, and officially little ridges between the main cross bits. The 
screw head has a starburst-like hole in it.

If you try to turn a Pozidriv screw with a Phillips screwdriver or vice 
versa, you are very likely to damage the screwhead and possibly the 
screwdriver as well. That's why I keep both it my toolkit.


More information about the cctech mailing list