Seeking BBC Domesday system

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jun 2 13:50:22 CDT 2005

Sellam Ismail wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
> > > I'm currently seeking to purchase a complete BBC Domesday system with the
> > > LVROM player, trackball, discs, manuals, and of course the BBC Master
> > > system with the appropriate hardware.
> >
> > Two things.
> >
> > 1. Isn't that a "Doomsday System"
>
> No, destroying the world is my OTHER project that I manage in my copious
> spare time.  I discuss that project on the Classic Megalomaniac mailing
> list.
>
> > 2. Good Luck!!!  I'd say the odds are against you.
>
> Here in the US, absolutely.

OK, I'd obviously forgotten where the name came from.  A quick google search
refreshes my memory on the subject and shows me that finding one might not
be quite as difficult as I'd first thought.  It's still going to be pretty
hard to find one I imagine.

For people wondering what on earth this is all about, here is an article.
http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue36/tna/

		Zane