Procedure For Connecting To The 'net Circa 1978

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:32:09 CDT 2005

On 6/14/05, Eric F. <elf at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> I think it was as simple as running the command
>
> :ZORK

I can't speak to ITS, but that's what I use on TOPS-20 (I know...
world of difference)

> Speaking of muddle, I still have my MDL programming manuals around here (of
> which ZORK was composed in, originally.)

I never went to MIT, but I _did_ order the MDL manuals from the MIT
Press bookstore over 10 years ago in order to learn MDL to understand
Zork in the original idiom.  Prior to getting the books, the only
references I could find were (now famous) articles in a variety of
journals and magazines.

Great stuff.

-ethan