CP/M serial disk image transfer.

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Tue Jun 14 15:33:34 CDT 2005

Hi Guys,

Having a large quantity of 8" disks that I need to archive/send to
someone, and neither of us having teledisk working on an compatible
8" drive, and not having nearly enough 8" media to spare to send
physical copies...

I have created another serial link disk imaging program.

This one reads and writes CP/M images to and from physical diskettes
of a connected CP/M system.

Due to the fact that CP/M does not provide a general means of reading
and writing the system tracks, system tracks can only be backed up on
diskettes which have them recorded in a format compatible with the
BIOS driver. The user accessable portion of the disk can always be
backed up and restored.

This is a command line program that runs on a PC, and communicates
with the target system via a small resident "client". The program
can transfer the client to the CP/M system by "typing it in" through
DDT.

Still in the testing stages, I have it to the point where I can
quite reliably backup and restore diskette images. So far I've tested
it using a NorthStar Horizon (actually my simulator running on another
PC), and the Orion-V (an STD bus system with 8" disks).

If anyone wants to play with it, please drop me a line, and I can send
a preliminary version - once I am happy that everything is working
correctly, I will get it posted to my site.

Regards,
Dave
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield