Programming 2708's

Richard A. Cini rcini at optonline.net
Fri Jun 24 22:12:29 CDT 2005

All:

	OK, I'm ready to burn a modified copy of the Altair Turnkey Monitor
into a 2708 to use in my 8800b as a test program. Lo and behold, my
programmer won't do a 2708 -- it'll only go down to 2716. Naturally I don't
have any 2716s around and the VG ROM board accepts only the 2704 or 2708
(without modification).

	So I browsed around eBay and elsewhere to see if any other
programmers support the 2708 and it seems that none do. They all start at
the 2716.

	What programmer can I look for that has the ability to program a
2708?

	Thanks.

Rich

Rich Cini
Collector of classic computers
Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/