RML380Z ROM images

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 12:36:25 CDT 2005

> > ps. are 2716's known for failure in this way?
>
> Yes, especially if they've been flash photographed.
> (Ididot photographer killed three of eight EPROMs
> on a control system card after being told not to
> use the flash in the equipment room.)

I guess I've been lucky. I've taken plenty of flash photos of PCBs with
EPROMs on them and never lost a bit. It's well-known that they don't work
correctly _during_ the flash, the processor running a program from that
EPROM will probably crash (EPROM-based microcontrollers are well-known
for this), but I've never had permanent damage or even loss of contents.