Taking photos of displays...

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:39:51 CST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:39:43 -0500, John Allain <allain at panix.com> wrote:
> > Has that been post-processed in any way? The quality's not
> > bad for a digital - no where near as grainy as most digital
> > cameras are.     {Olympus D10}
>
> It could just be an aspect of certain Olympus products.
> I have an ancient Olympus digital (5.3 years old) that does
> fantastically well at multisecond times.

Yes, it was post-processed, and yes, it's grainy.  It's also at least
a 30 sec, and probably closer to 60 sec exposure.  The D10 was
reviewed in, IIRC, 2001, and I've had that particular one since
mid-2003, so the design is on the order of 4 years old, if that helps
assess its level of technology.  At one point, it was an $1,800
top-end "pro-sumer" camera.  I got it when it had been replaced by the
5 MP line, for a *lot* less.  It's one of the last fixed-lens SLR
digitals.  A little while later, $2K got you a removable lens digital
SLR.

-ethan