more duplicate posts

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Mar 2 11:30:50 CST 2005

Rumor has it that Jay West may have mentioned these words:
>It seems that the duplicate posts fall into two categories...
>
>2) This one seems to be what is hitting a few people. I am not sure why
>this is happening... but for some people when I get an email from them and
>I hit "reply", the "to:" address shows their email address AND the list.
>So I'm actually responding to both places and that's why they get two
>emails. At this point I'm not sure if my own laptop has started doing
>something squirrely so that hitting reply picks up the list address AND
>the senders address, or if it has something to do with the list software,
>or if it has something to do with the senders setup. But anyways, it just
>dawned on me that more than a few times when I've hit reply to a post
>lately, I get the original posters address and the list address, both in
>the "to" box. Odd. I'll watch for it to happen again.

I've seen that with a few addresses on the list -- I'm subbed to enough
lists that 1/2 do Reply-To munging, and 1/2 don't - so I [usually] remember
to always check the To: list and remove one of the addresses... but it
sounds like something odd set up in the individual users' MUAs - but I've
never bothered to check the headers myself.

Just a statistic,               ;-)
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!