MicroVAX II Problem

John Willis willisjo at zianet.com
Fri Mar 4 00:04:26 CST 2005

Here's the output from the system when connected to a terminal:

KA630-A.V1.3

Performing normal system tests.

  7..6..5..4..3..

No dead-sergeant prompt >>>

It used to also have 2..1.. and then go to the >>>

John Willis <willisjo at zianet.com> wrote:

> system would actually begin its power-on tests (F...E...D...C... etc.),
> however, it hangs at 3. From what I could find in DEC documentation,
> this is a "spurious interrupt" problem,

3 is _NOT_ an error, it just means that the system reached the >>> prompt at
which you can give it commands like which device to boot from.  Connect a
terminal to the console port to interact with the console.

MS