MicroVAX II - TK50 problem

willisjo at zianet.com willisjo at zianet.com
Thu Mar 10 12:05:19 CST 2005

The saga continues...

Got the system running finally, but now I can't get the TK50 tape drive
to work. Have checked the cabling, reseated everything, and even tried
a different TQK50 controller. Have tried the following from VMS 5.1:

$ RUN SYS$SYSTEM:SYSGEN
SYSGEN> SET NOAUTOCONFIG 0
SYSGEN> AUTOCONFIGURE ALL/SELECT=(PT)

(at this point the system hangs... same if I omit the /SELECT, and the
only way I can get out of it is to halt the system from the console.)

Here's what the system is showing:

       Welcome to VAX/VMS version V5.1
   Last interactive login on Thursday, 10-MAR-2005 10:27
$ SHOW DEV

Device                  Device           Error    Volume         Free  Trans
Mnt
Name                   Status           Count     Label        Blocks Count
Cnt
DUA0:                   Mounted              0  VMSRL5          184419    94
1

Device                  Device           Error
Name                   Status           Count
OPA0:                   Online               0
TXA0:                   Online               8
TXA1:                   Online               0
TXA2:                   Online               0
TXA3:                   Online               0
TXA4:                   Online               0
TXA5:                   Online               0
TXA6:                   Online               0
TXA7:                   Online               0

Device                  Device           Error
Name                   Status           Count
PUA0:                   Online               1

Thanks in advance!
John P. Willis