HHC Basic Status

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Mar 15 17:57:06 CST 2005

Been kinda busy (especially at home - which is where all the fun stuff is
supposed to happen...)

However, on Sunday, I did get enough of a chance to dead-bug connect 2
24-pin wirewrap sockets together, and wirewrap the legs - this made a
hackish but working adapter for the HHC Roms. I read several different Roms
into the PC, verified 'em, looked at .bin files and I can say that
everything that looked like it should be text looked like text.

The Basic ROM just came in today - and despite the lack of anti-stat looks
to be in fair shape. It also looks like the seller put 2 dabs of epoxy on
the chip so it couldn't be removed from the carrier and copied. (I say that
because I could still smell the epoxy - Everything that I've ever epoxied
stopped smelling after 2-3 weeks; a month at most.) Of course, my adapter
doesn't give a whit about that... ;-)

I'm looking to snipe an EPROM eraser on ePay tonite about 10pm EST... If I
don't get that one tonite, I'm just gonna buy one so I'll be able to burn
new EPROMs very soon.

If anyone just wants the code and can make their own EPROMs, I'll have that
available soon; prolly tonite. ;-)

I'll keep in touch,
"Merch"

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...