TU56/TC11 restoration - Power supply question

vrs vrs at msn.com
Wed Mar 16 15:12:22 CST 2005

From: "Guy Sotomayor" <ggs at shiresoft.com>
> Other than the usual caution about capacitors in power supplies, the
> TU56 does suffer from deterioration of the motor run capacitors (these
> are quite different than motor start caps).  The often need to be
> replaced and are fairly expensive (I seem to recall that mine were
> $25/ea and there are 4).  They are also a bit difficult to find.
>
> If anyone has any other suggestions (or sources for motor run caps), I'd
> be interested too.

I used a Vanguard BC-108 (108-130mfd 110-125VAC) to replace one of mine that
had leaked.  They shouldn't be hard to find.

The physical form factor is different (smaller), so they don't look like the
original equipment, though.  I just wrapped it in tape until the diameter
was sufficient for the original clamp :-).

    Vince