RS/6000 drive questions

Doc Shipley doc at mdrconsult.com
Fri Mar 18 11:55:56 CST 2005

Saquinn624 at aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have a discription of how drives are mounted in a 7012/7030 RS/6k
> with the 2 front accessible 5-1/4 bays? (not the case with the card-edge
> connector for narrow SCSI) I think I need some type of sled or cage, but I don't
> know how it attaches or the IBM lingo for it (so Google doesn't work).

   You want the "Diagnostic Information for Micro Channel Bus Systems"
from here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.pseries.doc/hardware.htm

   The TinyURL version might be easier....

http://tinyurl.com/5kq9v

   That document should have case parts breakdowns for all the 7012
series, and probably the 7030s.

	Doc