$2000 Black Apple (?) - scam ?

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Tue Mar 22 09:19:39 CST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Dave Dunfield wrote:

> He's left me on his mailing list, and since than has reported that he had
> an offer for $500, then $1000, and this morning he says he has an offer for
> $2000. I corresponded with him again and he says:
> >ok right now got offer for 2000 from people in uk.  have 2 different  people
> >in uk that want it for good money.
>
> This seems completely ludicrous to me --- I know B&H Apples are considered
> desirable by some, but $2000 (and shipping from US->UK)!!!

Please, for the last time, these things are not rare, and not even that
special (and this from a guy who, above all else, loves Apple stuff).

> Smells like a scam... (?)

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from a scam.

> Whats a B&H Apple worth these days?

Whatever someone is willing to pay.  His $150 start price was already too
high.  Maybe $100, but it would have to be in IMMACULATE condition and
come with a bunch of extras.