Totally OT, but frustrated.....

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Mar 25 18:18:53 CST 2005

[Clancy and Harvey]

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Dwight K. Elvey wrote:
>  I don't believe that the Turing test does recursion.
> If that is so, they would have to believe that they just
> proved that it couldn't be calculated on a computer
> with or without recursion. An intersting exception to
> the Turning test?

It's been a bunch of years, and I don't remember the wording
of the problem, other than that I could resolve it into
traversing all locations of a 6 by 6 array.

They also apparently teach their students that recursion
is the only way to calculate factorial, Fibonacci sequence,
prime numbers, subdirectory trees, etc.

"To a man who has a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail."
"To a man with MICROS~1 tools, the whole world looks like a thumb."
Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com