AUI crossover?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 15:27:13 CST 2005

> > You said you have lots of transceivers.  So why do you want
> > crossover?  Just hook the AUIs to their coax and wire up a classic
> > Ethernet that way.
>
> Perhaps there's no co-ax at ready hand?  If the transceivers use

Surely wiring some 50 ohm BNCs to a bit of cable is not that much of a
problem :-). I prefer the solder type. Crimp ones are fine, and the
connections are reliable _if you use the right crimp tool and die_. If
you don't have the right tool, you'll have more success with the solder
type, which can be fitted with a normal soldering iron.

> 10base5 this seems reasonably likely.

It violates some bit of the spec from what I rememebr, but I've never had
any problems putting N-to-BNC acapters on 10 base 5 transceives with N
connectors on them. Or replacing the beesting with a BNC socket and
adding a T piece for that type of 10base5 transceiver.