help - 11/34 console problem -- CNTRL key behaviour

Gooijen, Henk henk.gooijen at oce.com
Thu Nov 10 07:44:52 CST 2005

Allison wrote:

> Well it does not have to be a clock.  It happend the product
> I was working on was a time code display for video tape where
> the display could be time or number of frames.
>
> Besides the display system for PDP-11 is likely OCTAL. ;)

True, but the latch that outputs the 3 bits for the 7447 has
a fourth output which could be used! Take that 4th output to
the 7447 'D' input (which is now connected to GND) and you
can display an "8" or a "9".  But I am drifting off-topic --
the console must work for starters :-)

- Henk, PA8PDP.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a "reply" message.
Thank you for your cooperation.