Discharging a VT100 CRT

Julian Wolfe fireflyst at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 9 12:43:29 CST 2005

Well, you were right.  Something did blow on the VT100 video board, and in a
bad way.  It looks very much like it was that diode you speak of, cause
there's a huge burnmark on the board at the contact points of the diode.  If
that's not an "I died" indicator, I don't know what is.

Can anyone tell me what diode to buy to replace it?  I'm thinking of getting
a replacement video board, and then replacing the diode on that, just in
case it took something else with it.  The whole "y" trace has a brownmark
around it that the diode was connected to, and that has a big cap next to
it.

All in all, this has been a lot easier than I thought to work on.  Thanks
for all your help, Tony, and everyone else too!