SunOS for SPARC 2

Per Sandstrom psand at mac.com
Mon Nov 14 07:06:24 CST 2005

Nice to find someone who still runs SunOS 4.1.x out there...

compoobah at valleyimplants.com wrote:
> I'm running 4.1.3_U1 with all patches-not on a public network-
> is that O.K.? What bennies are in 4.1.4?

Quoting from the Solaris 1.1.2 (SunOS 4.1.4) cardboard box:

"Solaris 1.1.2 includes the following features:
-	Integrated support for the performance enhanced Sun
	HyperSPARC(TM) CPU module on MBus, uniprocessor
	SPARCstation 10 and SPARCstation 20 series systems
-	Integrated improvements to support SPARCstation 5,
	including audio support and cg6 framebuffer support
-	A software upgrade from SunOS 4.1.x to SunOS 4.1.4
	and an updated version of OpenWindows containing
	over 75 of the latest OpenWindows bug fixes
-	Integration of over 100 key operating system bug
	fixes to the Solaris 1.1.1 version B release"

Even though it officially only supports uniprocessor MBus
machines, I run 4.1.4 on a SS10 with 2 x 142 MHz hyperSPARCs.
It works like a charm and feels quicker than anything else.

Per