Help identifying a Motorola transistor (in HP 7908 PSU)

David Comley david_comley at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 13:32:45 CST 2005

I have been trying on and off for a while to map out
the schematic for the PSU of an HP7908 disc/tape unit.
There's a transistor I can't identify on the board and
I am wondering whether anyone can ID this thing for
me. The markings show "239" and then the batwings, and
then below that it says "4-456". Same problem for a
number of the diodes that are labeled "GE010673".

Thanks - Dave