QIC-02 on IRIS questions

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 11 17:05:28 CST 2005

On 11/11/2005 at 3:48 PM compoobah at valleyimplants.com wrote:

>     I'd like to get the original drive working eventually, but for now I
want to make sure I can back up the disks (if the stickers are to be
believed, it has GL2-W 2.2 on one). The tape controller is the standard
Multibus Data Systems Design integrated ST-506/floppy/QIC-02 controller,
and I don't have much experience with QIC-02. I have Wangtek 1/2 ht QIC-24
and QIC- 150 drives, and the manual for the -24. Is it likely that one or
the other will work with the DSD controller? What jumpers would I need to
look at? Is there a better way to backup this machine (don't have any other
ST-506 interfaces). I want to be able to do a backup first thing.

There are businesses that will refurb pinch