CP/M 2 - what's its legal status? (Vector box cards)

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Thu Nov 24 01:21:28 CST 2005

Well, from my limited knowledge of Vector systems, AFAIK the
multi-user systems did actually use a standard 48K CP/M and
not MP/M; each terminal loaded it into its own memory card
and the supervisor ROM looked after time-slicing among the cards.

Not sure what MDM7 has to do with the Flashwriter, which is
essentially just a video display and parallel keyboard interface.

But the question still remains whether the FDD is soft or hard
sectored; it does indeed look like a Tandon and not the usual
Micropolis and if the model number can't be relied on, how
could one tell (other than by trial & error)?

mike