Pinout for SED9421

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:21:36 CST 2005

On 11/28/05, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> To put a reverse twist on this, has anyone ever used two floppy controllers
> to transfer data between two systems?  I know it'd take a little extra
> hardware (something has to provide address headers outside of a format
> operation), but it should still be quite possible to do so.

There was a product for the Amiga that did this, but the Amiga's FDC
is really just a combination of a couple of portions of a couple of
custom chips.  The data transfer portion is a huge shift register that
lives on the sound chip (Paula).

Dunno how much work it would be to make something like that for a WD
FDC-based machine, like a PeeCee.

-ethan