Yellowing plastic?

Kevin Handy kth at srv.net
Tue Oct 4 10:13:46 CDT 2005

Star Master wrote:

>Anyone know the best way to handle the restoration of plastic that has
>yellowed due to being in someones basement or something? Has that dingy
>brownish/yellowish tint to it.
>I thought I saw a posting about it earlier, but cannot locate it now...
>Thanks

Depends on what caused the staining. Usually yellows due
to exposure to sunlight, or tobacco. Is there a smoker in the
house?

Try 409 (a cleaner). Spray on, let sit, wipe off.
Repeat until the yellow gunk stops coming off.
Works well for tobacco stains, and some sunlight problems.
Won't make it pristine, but greatly reduces the problem
without doing any damage.