8" floppy system needed to recover old game data

Kieron Wilkinson Kieron.Wilkinson at paretopartners.com
Thu Oct 6 03:03:29 CDT 2005

Hi,

I am hoping to help an ex-games developer access some very old game data
and source code stored on 8" floppy disks from a CPM system, data that
simply does not exist anywhere else and will otherwise be lost. (It is
the kind of stuff destined for MAME :)). I personally can possibly get
access to such a system, however we do not want to risk transporting the
media any more than necessary, and I am far FAR removed from where the
disks are located in San Francisco (I live in the UK).

Does anybody near here (or willing to travel there!) have such a system
and could help us out? As I said this is a one-of-a-kind opportunity
which should unearth games that were previously thought not to exist
(though most were not completed AFAIK). There is always the chance that
they are already lost (corrupted media), but we just won't know until we
try.

I would be over the moon if somebody could help us out with this! If you
can help, or know somebody else who can help, please contact me!

Thanks,

Kieron Wilkinson

Pareto Investment Management Limited is a Mellon Financial Company. Pareto Investment Management Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (Firm Ref. No. 416024), and registered in England and Wales with Number 03169281. Registered Office: Mellon Financial Centre, 160 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4LA, United Kingdom. Pareto is the registered trademark of Pareto Investment Management Limited. This message may contain confidential and privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other person is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator and then immediately delete this message.