Need ASR-32/33 in Brooklyn, NY area ASAP

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Thu Oct 6 18:17:59 CDT 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Tony Duell wrote:

> There's a cable harness that attached to the reader. It splits into 3
> sections. One goes down to the stand and plugs into that module you've
> found. This is the power supply for the solenoid in the reader itself.
> One little branch connects to the leaf contact switch on top of the
> transmiter shafter in the typing unit. And the 3rd branch plugs into the
> back of the call control unit. It's that last one I want you to unplug.

Right, this is what I eventually figured out.  I didn't realize the reader
cables banched off to different points.  Once I found that and unplugged
the cable to the call control unit the problem went away, isolating the
problem to the reader.  I then removed the reader and examined it more
closely and saw the tine out of place.  How it got that way is beyond me.