TEAC FD-55GFR = Quad Density?

Joe R. rigdonj at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 19:15:04 CDT 2005

  I found a pair of these drives and picked them up since my reference said
that they were quad density drives AND they had DS-QD disks in them.
However I looked on the net and found that everyone including Teac's site
says that they are HD (1.2Mb) drives. Which are they? I THINK these have a
jumper that chages the speed from 360 RPM to 300RPM. Will this make the
drive a QD drive? I thought the heads needed to be differnt since the
magnetic media on the disks have different permeability.

    Joe