TEAC FD-55GFR = Quad Density?

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Sat Oct 8 06:09:08 CDT 2005

>> I'm curious about the comment about second drive support missing. I
>am curious why the addition of a proper multiheaded cable doesnt
>fix this?
>
>they actually dont drive the drive select in the cable?

More and more machines are showing up without physical support (ie:
a select) for drive B: ... I have two Intel P3 board which do not
drive the B: select (which is very annoying since these are two of
the best systems for handling oddball formats with Imagedisk).

Floppy drives are disappearing completely from some new machines,
and I doubt it will be long before the controller disappears along
with them (if it hasn't started already).

Regards,
Dave
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield