Ringout on Overland Data TX-8/TX-16 cable?

Allan Hessenflow allanh-cctalk at kallisti.com
Sun Oct 9 00:17:04 CDT 2005

Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have the wiring details for the Pertec-to-Overland Data
> TX-8 or TX-16 cable used on OD's non-SCSI 9-track equipment?  It's
> got a D-sub 62-pin male connector on one end and two 50 conductor female
> edge connectors on the other labeled P1 and P2.

I rung one out, here is my documentation:

The cable does not appear to contain twisted pairs, so which wire is used
for which signal below is probably completely arbitrary.   The wire
assignment shown is from an Overland Data factory wired cable.

The cable shield is connected to the D connector shell; the other end
of the shield does not appear to contact anything.

/* Sorted by Overland side */

1 orange/red J1-a
2 brown/grey J1-Z
3 brown/violet J1-Y