CP/M on an Apple II ?

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 11 15:00:26 CDT 2005

Vintage Computer Festival wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Hans Franke wrote:
>
> > > ... maybe the scriptwriting 'computing consultant' figured it would be a good
> > > inside joke, ... maybe it's somebody on this list!
> >
> > Nope, it seams like a rare case where script writer did
> > realy use technology without screwing it up.
>
> Can Brent get the name of the play that he heard so we can figure out who
> the author is?  It sounds like they might even be a collector/historian ;)

The series was called "The Old Guy", I didn't catch the title of the particular episode.
Some of the characters are Charlie (McMann?McCann), Malcolm and Joline.
Also, it was a replay, I recall hearing it first a couple (~ 1 to 3) years ago.

I tried searching the CBC web site for a reference or production credits & c.
but turned up nothing.
.. I thought the web site might be a good backup/reference for the broadcasts,
but apparently it's like the majority of (esp. corporate/commercial) web sites
out there: 95% fluff, useless graphics, filler & advertising, 5% content. Even
the "archives" seem to be a selection of material based on what somebody-else-thinks-is-important.
<grumble>