Releasing OS/2

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 14 16:11:19 CDT 2005

>Subject: Re: Releasing OS/2
>   From: woodelf <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca>
>   Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:14:24 -0600
>     To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>
>Allison wrote:
>>
>>What I'd like to see is a comparison of OS/2 to say  DRI Concurrent386
>>and Win3.1 or Nt3.  I picked the latter two as I know them well.  I have
>>both concurrent386 and OS/warp 3 but never used them.  Maybe I'm missing
>>something and I'd like to have an idea of and how practical their use
>>would be in the present as part of my PC based supporting systems.
>>

>Lets not forget OS/9 for the 6809 , just for a reality check of
>multi-tasking.

My original intent was limited to OSs that were operable on PCs.  If
there is OS/9 for PC then by all means but I'd suspect comparison would
be to unix/linux rather than Dos/win.

While I'd not mind seeing that I have no real 6809 hardware other than
a COCO-II that is sans case.  Found it on the side of the road with smashed
case but fully intact and operable.

While 1+ing the question we can add 8bit multitasking for Z80 other than
MP/M to look at.

Allison