Classic Turtles... (was: OT: Language for the ages

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Mon Oct 17 18:19:03 CDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Roger Merchberger wrote:

> I never worked with Pilot, so I really can't say...

Wikipedia proves useful for showing a PILOT example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PILOT_programming_language

> but I once wrote a Logo interpreter *in Basic* on a Tandy CoCo2! I'd be
> willing to bet that I didn't have a full language implementation, but it
> had variables, functions, and grafix (penup, pendown, etc.).

I think we did Logo class assignments in my 9th grade computer class.  It
had recursion at least and one could actually develop applications in it,
but it was still intended mostly as a learning environment.

Logo is fun!