Any own an 11/725...?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 23 23:00:57 CDT 2005

> > The 11/730, of course, is mostly PALs (as I said) with some RAM as a
> > control store, 8 off 2901s as the ALU, and an 8085 (I think) to load the
> > control store, etc. One day I am going to look into modifying the
> > microcode of that machine...
>
> To what end?  Increased performance?

NO, just for fun... I doubt very much I could improve on the performance
for running the VAX instruction set. I have not looked at the prints
carefully enough to determine how much of the instruction set is
hard-wired (if any), I wonder if it would be possible to run a different
instruction set entirely.