Big dollars paid for Altair 8800 on Ebay

Gary Fisher GFisher at tristonecapital.com
Fri Oct 21 12:56:49 CDT 2005

Hans,

You make excellent points!

I'd do the same thing as I'd be very interested in seeing what was on that hard drive and actually running the machine in it's final re-incarnation.  But maybe I would put the new cards in an later serial number box for operating (like a nice Star Trek game or Supercalc) and put other original cards, PS, and motherboard in the serial number 3 case.  But I only have one already later model modded 8800 and didn't have nine grand Canadian either!

(Now if it was an IMSAI, that would be another story....except for the nine grand!) <grin>