Wondering which OS to use (PDP-8/A)

Johnny Billquist bqt at Update.UU.SE
Mon Oct 24 04:29:03 CDT 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, "Martin Bishop" <mjd.NO.bishop.SPAM at iee.org> wrote:

> QUOTE The 8/A cannot have an EAE UNQUOTE
>
> Don't think this is correct.  Because, such a machine would have no serious
> (integer) arithmetic capability.

Speaking of integer arithmetic capability: the 8/A systems where you
wanted better numeric crunch were expected to be fitted with the FPP8A,
which can do both integer and FP stuff, and does it much better.
(One of the options I'd like to find to play with, but haven't...)

	Johnny

email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books