Anybody live in Chile?

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Fri Sep 2 03:02:04 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> Granted that dealing wih IBM stuff is difficult in the absence of the rest of
> the system if you want it be anything other than a big dead artifact (which I
> guess is why you are annoyed with their occupation of your warehouse.)

Well, I can't be too annoyed since I'm the one that put them there :)  But
that was basically my point: without any real chance of getting a full
system, what's the point of having them?  You can get them running in a
test mode and have a tape being de-spooled from one reel onto a take-up
reel, but that's about it.

> And circa-1970-or-so one could say the same about 400 series accounting
> machines as they headed to the scrapper. :)

Very true.