Anybody live in Chile?

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Sep 2 04:30:24 CDT 2005

Vintage Computer Festival wrote:

> that was basically my point: without any real chance of getting a full
> system, what's the point of having them?  You can get them running in a
> test mode and have a tape being de-spooled from one reel onto a take-up
> reel, but that's about it.

Well, there's another project for someone into such: a generalised 'IBM 360/370
Style I/O Channel' adapter/interface to something modern/common. Although I
will speculate somebody with experience with IBM channel stuff will promptly
suggest it would be a nightmare. (My only experience with them is people from
the past attesting to how complex/arcane said channels were. Always left me a
little curious.)