Anybody live in Chile?

Paul Koning pkoning at equallogic.com
Fri Sep 2 08:55:12 CDT 2005

 Brent> Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
 >> that was basically my point: without any real chance of getting a
 >> full system, what's the point of having them?  You can get them
 >> running in a test mode and have a tape being de-spooled from one
 >> reel onto a take-up reel, but that's about it.

 Brent> Well, there's another project for someone into such: a
 Brent> generalised 'IBM 360/370 Style I/O Channel' adapter/interface
 Brent> to something modern/common. Although I will speculate somebody
 Brent> with experience with IBM channel stuff will promptly suggest
 Brent> it would be a nightmare. (My only experience with them is
 Brent> people from the past attesting to how complex/arcane said
 Brent> channels were. Always left me a little curious.)

You could use a DX10 or DX11 as the starting point, if schemeatics for
those are available...

      paul