VMS Question...

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Tue Sep 6 17:33:16 CDT 2005

>Subject: Re: VMS Question...
>   From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>   Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:15:34 -0400
>     To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>
>Roger Merchberger wrote:
>
>>> Why don't you get a VAXstation 4000/vlc?  It's one of the tiniest
>>> pizza-box cases I've ever seen.
>>

>> Because for some that are tight on space, you still have a monitor,
>> keyboard, possibly a mouse, a desk to actually stick it all on, etc.
>
>You don't need a monitor, keyboard or mouse.  It's quite possible to run
>one with a serial console, so if you have any machine with a serial
>port, a terminal emulator program and a null-modem cable, you're in
>business.

I even skip that.  Most of the 3100s (and uVAX in general) can be booted
and run headless.  So when I need to connect to mine I use a VT1200 Xterm
over the network and I suppose a PC could be configured for that.  That
reduces the working system to a pizza box somewhere in the room on the
network.

Allison