VAX 4000/705a SCSI

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Sun Sep 18 21:18:31 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 06:57:33PM +0200, Stefan wrote:
> I'm sure some of you guys have the exact answer to this :
> I've got a VAX 4000/705a without any disks.
> I could of course get some DSSI disks but I would rather have some
> SCSI disks attached to it. My question : how can I make this VAX SCSI able ?
>
> And second question, can anyone help me get any needed hardware to for this
> ?

If this is like my VAX 4000/500 systems:

QBUS "MSCP" (disk capable) SCSI controllers are hard to find and hundreds of
dollars.

The route I'm trying to go is I picked up some HSD30 controllers on Ebay,
for $35-$45, which I can then supposedly connect regular SCSI disks to,
though I haven't gotten things set up and working yet this way.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)
voice: 215-591-3695